Wednesday, July 23, 2008

epidemic part II

a text to a friend unreturned.

and then:

"Hey don't know when you sent that text but i was in japan while cause my grandpa passed away. I'm in seattle until sat. I'll be back for two weeks call you then"


a text to my friend whose father just passed.

a returned phone call. his uncle died eight days later. he buried his father on a tuesday, his uncle the next wednesday. his mother lost both her husband and youngest brother in the blink of an eye.

how do we stand this kind of pain?

i remember fighting with my roommate and thinking that the only way he'll ever understand is when he buries a parent. and thinking that i would not want anyone to feel this depth of pain.

to see and hear adam go through what i just went through--am still going through--four months and a day ago is heartbreaking.

goddammit. what the fuck is this all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home