Wednesday, January 31, 2007

family

as a little girl, all curls and questions
he was a god, a giant in my eyes
as invincible, as he was powerful

i was athena, born from the father
my armour was his religion
my mother, nonexistent to her own child
eclipsed by a false idol

as a little girl, i plucked out my own eyes
to mold myself in the image of the father
tremored in his anger, beamed in his praise

born from the father, the armour his religion

a woman now, heart broken by men
armour pawned when bankrupt by love
i grew gray in a summer

the gleam of god is gone
buried deep beneath his wander, lust
while mother drips in sadness
tracking grief into the family temple

a woman now, i rage (a silent war)
against this man, no longer the father
daddy is dead, replaced by a disease

while mother drips in sadness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home